Friday, April 29, 2016

The Happening

I knew I wanted a mask to have some sort of function, and when it came down to the wire, I thought opening and playing music would be the best to create. Below are the two masks when I added holes to them for the "hinges".


Here is the mechanism cut out of the Captain America birthday card.




The music maker glued in place on the top mask.


I knew that these things would be creepy no matter how I painted them, so I decided to try and make them somehow match the music of Captain America.


Finished piece closed.


Finished piece open. It looks more like a dirty Mexican wrestler's mask but I tried to make the top mask reveal a zombie Captain America underneath. The opening and music playing was successful, and I'll let people take it to be a dark irony on America if they wish. Video footage coming in next blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment